Monday, March 13, 2017

Driver-less Cars? I'm ready for mine!

Driver-less cars can’t come soon enough for me!

Photo Credit - Vulcan Post

I came to this realization this weekend after taking a one day car trip from Bakersfield to Woodland Hills. Just a short little 2 hour trip that felt like a tour of duty as a Navy Seal. Not that I would know what that is like at all, but I imagine it’s just as harrowing as driving on the I-5 and the 405 Freeway!

And it wasn’t me…I love to drive, I don’t freak out in traffic, but this was just unbelievable, crazy traffic! And it was on a Sunday! Weren’t all these people supposed to be in church?

I get so irritated by all the “mergers”! The ones that have to move in and out of lanes so they can get somewhere a half a second sooner than they would have if they had just stayed in one lane. 

You have no idea how many people I saw merging into the same lane, one from the right lane and one from the left! It was just sheer dumb luck that they didn’t collide and have me run into them.

It amazes me…the stupidity of people when they get behind the wheel! People just dashing in and out and in front of 18-wheelers. Some of them didn’t even bother with using their signal lights. 

Then there were those that had to change lanes and they would just slow down to 15 miles per hour until someone let them merge, not caring that behind them people were slamming on their brakes. God forbid they miss their exit and have to get off at the next one. Oh no…much better to just leave a trail of debris and broken bodies than to miss getting to their precious little Wal-Mart shopping trip! Grrrr!

Once we all have driver-less cars then it won’t be left to the stupidity, vapidness and ignorance of the human being! I know a lot of you don’t like technology, don’t like computers, don’t like things being taken out of the hands of humans, but I think in a situation like driving it just makes common sense.

So yeah car companies, get to working harder on those driverless cars and make them at least as functional as seat warmers. I love seat warmers!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am so with you. The other day I had someone do a u turn in front of a line of traffic. Only she couldn't do the u turn. It took her forever to get the car straightened out. For heaven's sake, if you can do a u turn then DON'T! And the cutting across lanes of traffic to make an exit. Oy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that is why most place prohibit u-turns cause people just don't know how to do them, or they misjudge the room they have to navigate. My biggest pet peeve is the ones that want to pull out of a gas station across 4 lanes to get into the turn lane!!! Just make the turn into the closest lane and travel a block or two and make a u-turn!!! *sigh* My blood pressure is rising again!

      Delete
  2. PS...I realized I didn't take a pie picture for my post. I guess we were to excited to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it was good though! Love Apple Pie and Peach and Pumpkin and the list goes on and on!

      Delete
  3. Ay ay ay, I hate those drivers too. They just need to be patient. We will all get to our destination when we get there. Even in an emergency you can't get there fast with traffic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I've had people cut me off in traffic and drive like a bat out of hell and then we exit on the 99 at an off ramp and he is right in front of me and I drove normally!

      Delete
  4. The giant corporation INTEL has just bought a Jerusalem -based start up company, Molibeye, working on the self- driving car project.It's breaking news here today as Intel has paid the small company Molibeye some 15 billion dollars(!!). It is believed that by 2021 there will be automatic cars on the road.
    With today's technology everything is possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That is exciting. Can you imagine...15 billion dollars? No wonder that when certain technological advances become available they are almost un-affordable. I bought a new car a year ago and I could not afford the rear view camera, the cell phone compatibility and the seat warmers. Now they are almost standard in all cars!

      Delete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!