Saturday, May 13, 2017

Born with Talent? Happy Mother's Day

Mothers are Artists, for anything they touch turns to Art.
Kishor Bansal


I've always known that my mom was my super hero. The one person that could accomplish anything. The one that could and would also supply whatever I needed and many times just what my little heart desired.

But I want you to know why my mom is so darned fabulous and a born genius!

Recently my mom has gotten into bead work. Mom has always been crafty. She can sew, quilt, embroider, crochet, paint, and she was always the brains behind my dads brawn! Together they were invincible, but that is another story.

As I was saying, mom is doing bead work. She started working again on making Rosary Bracelets using Memory Wire.


This is a wire that is made to remember always to conform to a circle. Sure, if you wanted to you could take pliers to it and form it into a long string of V's, but why would you want to?

Mom can take this wire and any beads and create this! I call this my Sand Dollar Bracelet as the shape and color of the beads brings to mind the sand dollars one finds on the beach.


It's four complete circles of the memory wire. The beads are from an old necklace I had that I never wore and gave to mom to use, she broke it down and created this and I love it, goes with everything I wear!

I mentioned above that mom is making Rosary Bracelets, the one above is just a regular bracelet, but here's a Rosary Bracelet she made me as a Christmas gift.


She follows the design of the actual rosary which is the crucifix where you say The Apostles' Creed, then 1 bead for the prayer The Our Father, then 3 beads in a row where you recite the Hail Mary for each bead, then 1 single bead again where you say The Glory Be. 

Then you have 10 beads in a row which is called the first Decade and you recite the Hail Mary for each bead, then 1 bead for the Glory Be and the Our Father, then you have 4 more sets of Decades where you pray the same Hail Mary and Glory Be and Our Father and you complete the rosary. Since it is in a bracelet format you can wear it and recite the rosary any time that you choose.

It was a beautiful gift for Christmas, she gave one to my sister and my two sister in laws as well, each designed in their favorite color. Here's mine again, I tried to spread it out a bit so you can see how the memory wire works. My favorite color is green and you can see how mom worked that color into the bracelet making it perfect for me.


Here are a few others that she has made for me. I love the color of this one and the shape of the beads, they remind me of little teeth, except for the fact that they are a turquoise/baby blue color.


I call this one my Golden Beauty. I love the beads on this one and it can make any outfit I wear seem much more elegant.


I mentioned to mom that it sure would be nice to have a matching pair of earrings when she makes me a bracelet so she surprised me with these two custom made bracelet and earring sets.

I mean who doesn't feel happier wearing something like this with butterflies and beautiful pink beads? And I love the way she did the earrings, I love dangly earrings! She also went to the trouble to find earring hooks that are Nickel-free since I am allergic to almost all metals except Gold. She's amazing right?


So in love with this one! It goes great with a grey sweater that I wear a lot! Love the butterflies....yes, I'm a great lover of the butterfly. The special thing about mom is that she notices things like that. Of course I have about a gazillion butterfly things around the house, so it's hard to miss!


On this Mother's Day, I want my mom to know how much I love her and how proud I am of all her accomplishments. She's the best mother I could have ever hoped for and I am in awe of her intelligence and artistry and I hope that one is born with talent for I would love to think that I got a little bit of that talent from her.

Happy Mother's Day mom, love you forever!




7 comments:

  1. Wonderful words from a loving daughter to a very special mother.
    The bracelets and earrings created by your Mom denote great talent, and are fabulous gifts for women and girls. Butterflies are a lovely addition.

    Speaking of earrings, I love earrings but am allergic even to gold (if it's not a good alloy). So, I've been wearing a certain, somehow childish, pair for years just because it gives me no trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so difficult being allergic isn't it? I see so many beautiful earrings but I know I can't wear them. Sometimes I will put clear nail polish on them and then I can wear them a few times before the polish wears out. You should try that and see if it works for you.

      Thank you for your kind words, my mom is pretty amazing and talented! I tell her she should sell them on ebay or amazon but she says they are made with love, not for profit :)

      Delete
  2. Unbelievable. She's a born genius, and then some. That Rosary Bracelet she gave you is wonderful. It's a piece of art. Love the colors.

    Hope you're doing fine.

    Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Blue, thanks for stopping by. I'm doing well, bracing for a California summer :)

      Truly it is a piece of art. I wish I had had a cell phone camera during my childhood so that I could have photographed the many other works of art she made. She's an amazing woman.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. It's going to be a warm weekend for sure!

      Delete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!