Sunday, July 23, 2017

My Inner Dominatrix is on Vacation

I’ve mentioned before in several posts that I have an inner dominatrix. NO! Not that kind of inner dominatrix, not even that kind of outer dominatrix! Get your mind out of the gutter!

I mean the kind of inner dominatrix that keeps me on the straight and narrow when I make up my mind to do something. 

Mostly I would have to say that she’s my Weight Control Dominatrix. When I make up my mind to stick to my low-carb diet, she’s the one that cracks the whip in my mind when I look at a bag of Cheetos. Trust me…nothing hurts more that having a whip cracking up against the side of your brain!

(This post is going to be image free because it wasn't a good idea to search dominatrix and whipping!)

Last year around April, my inner dominatrix, whom I’m going to call Trixie took an extended vacation and I’d get a mental postcard from her now and again but for the most part she was MIA, which made it so much easier for me to get my hands on Cheetos and MM’s and Chips and Salsa. So it’s Trixie’s fault that I have gained back quite a bit of the weight that I had taken off.

July 20th was my birthday and I celebrated in grand style and by that I mean with lots of food filled with lots of carbs. Egg McMuffins; Breve Latte’s from my co-workers. Lemon Meringue Pie again from my co-workers and lunch at Mexicali where I share Nachos with lots of sour cream, again with my co-workers…hmmm, maybe I don’t need Trixie, I just need different co-workers? (Just kidding Angelica and Edgar...you both are the best!)

Wait...I found an image I can share. Cheesy smile and all this is me at the office with the gifts from my co-workers/friends.


That wasn’t even the beginning of the end of it because I went out to dinner with my family and they took me to my favorite Mexican food place where I indulged in a delicious frosty Margarita and baskets of chips to dip into their fabulous bean dip and salsa! Then I ordered my traditional Chicken Taquitos served with rice, beans and guacamole alongside.

Once I had waddled myself on home, my son decided to buy toffee bars. But even without Trixie being there, I had the strength to limit myself to just one, but I know the box is in the freezer waiting for me...calling to me! Where is Trixie?

Well I'm putting the Kibosh on Trixie. Vacation over Trixie! I've decided that by my next birthday I'm going to lose 20 pounds. Shouldn't be too hard right? 20 pounds is not a lot. I'm hoping Trixie will jump on board and do her job and whip my brain into shape!

So here's to another year on this Earth and that I make it to next July 20th!


4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Alicia, I hope you had a great time. I've missed your blog while you were away.
    I watch YouTube a lot for the songs they show. A lot of them remind me of when I was a kid. I used to live at home, now I just live in a home. A care home. 20lb isn't a lot to lose for someone who has grit and determination like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great birthday, even though I worked that day. I enjoy my job and coworkers. And my family was great to go out in over 100 degree heat just to have dinner with me, so I can't complain. I too love Youtube! I watch tons of art videos and I'm learning so much. Sometimes you wonder if there is anything new to be learned or invented, but new videos keep popping up so I guess there is. I know that if I put my mind to it I can lose the weight, but it's just getting to that point. Thanks for stopping by and commenting, always appreciate the visit!

      Delete
  2. Hey my birthday was the 19th! Happy Birthday, And I am in the same boat as you. I put on quite a few pounds just since summer started and there seems to be constant sweets in the house despite me sending them to work with my husband to tempt his coworkers! The clothes are getting tight. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It seems as though it takes weeks to take off 5 pounds, yet I can put those same 5 pounds on in a fun weekend! Happy Birthday to you!!!

      Delete

Please leave a comment.I would love to know your thoughts!